Ocular Prosthesis (Artificial Eye) Center in Gurgaon
An ocular prosthesis, artificial eye or glass eye is a type of craniofacial prosthesis that replaces an absent natural eye following an enucleation, evisceration, or orbital exenteration. The prosthesis fits over an orbital implant and under the eyelids.
We offer the services of a professionally trained Ocularist at AEDI Mr Manoj Pal (trained at Aravind eye institute, Madurai) who can fit custom designed ocular prosthesis and scleral shell.
More Information on Custom Designed Ocular Prosthesis (Artificial Eye) –
- Sometimes an extremely diseased eye may need to be removed.
- Readily available artificial eyes do not fit very well into the empty socket and lead to an unsightly appearance, pain, watering and many other problems in the long run.
- Custom made prosthesis is designed specifically for each individual eye
- It has many advantages –
- It is designed to match the other functioning eye in appearance so that it gives a better cosmetic appearance
- The size and shape of the prosthesis is designed to optimally fit the socket to give better comfort to the patient, like reduced discharge, irritation etc.