Paediatric Ophthalmology Center Gurgaon
Paediatric ophthalmology services are offered to patients below 18 years of age. A wide range of paediatric eye disease evaluation and treatment is performed at Ahooja Eye & Dental Institute (AEDI).
Paediatric Ophthalmology Services
1. Refractive Errors –
- Senior ophthalmologists perform refraction and spectacle testing on children
- Special vision charts are available to conduct the test
- Child friendly spectacle frames and glasses are available in the optical shop
2. Amblyopia Management –
- Amblyopia (lazy eye) is a condition where the eye becomes weak due to less use over time
- This condition occurs due to high refractive error in one eye, squint, injury etc.
- This should be treated in early childhood, mostly before 7 years of age.
- AEDI has trained specialists who can manage amblyopia
- Synaptophore, a specialized instrument which can improve vision in amblyopia is available at AEDI.
3. Squint –
- AEDI offers the services of a trained squint surgeon.
- Some squints can be corrected with glasses and some may need surgery. This can be decided upon detailed examination conducted in the OPD.
4. Congenital Cataract –
- a. Congenital cataract is different from adult cataract in that it can cause permanent vision damage in children and needs multispeciality approach with cataract and retina specialist.
- b. Intraocular lens power calculation is also different in children and AEDI has the latest IOL calculator available.
5. Congenital Ptosis –
- Ptosis means drooping of the eye lid.
- In addition to causing cosmetic blemish, it can also cause low vision in children.
- At AEDI we have a trained oculoplasty surgeon who takes care of ptosis in children.
6. Congenital Dacryocystitis –
- The blockage of the water drainage system of the eye into the nose can occur from birth.
- This can lead to recurrent infections and continuous watering from the eyes.
- Different levels of blockage need different types of treatment like lacrimal sac massage, syringing and probing and DCR surgery, all of which are available at AEDI.
7. Other Facilities Available at AEDI –
- Worth four dot test
- Colour vision test
- Prism bars
- Paediatric retina surgeries
- Paediatric glaucoma surgeries
- Paediatric corneal transplantation
- Management of trauma in children