Cataract Treatment Hospital Gurgaon
Cataracts are a very common condition, particularly among older adults. However, treatment options for cataracts can be very different depending on an individual’s situation. While mild cataracts might require no more than a new eyeglasses prescription, advanced cataracts often require surgery. At Ahooja Eye & Dental Institute (AEDI), our team of specialists can help you decide which options are best for you.
AEDI is equipped with state-of-the art technology for performing cataract surgeries. We have two fully equipped operation theaters, designed according to NABH standards. The sterilization techniques, instrumentations and surgical techniques at AEDI are of international standards, making the entire procedure safe and least traumatic to the patient.
List of Cataract Treatment Available at AEDI
There are different types of cataracts. They’re classified based on where and how they develop in your eye.
- Nuclear cataracts form in the middle of the lens and cause the nucleus, or the center, to become yellow or brown.
- Cortical cataracts are wedge-shaped and form around the edges of the nucleus.
- Posterior capsular cataracts form faster than the other two types and affect the back of the lens.
- Congenital cataracts, which are present at birth or form during a baby’s first year, are less common than age-related cataracts.
- Secondary cataracts are caused by disease or medications. Diseases that are linked with the development of cataracts include glaucoma and diabetes. The use of the steroid prednisone and other medications can sometimes lead to cataracts.
- Traumatic cataracts develop after an injury to the eye, but it can take several years for this to happen.
- Radiation cataracts can form after a person undergoes radiation treatment for cancer.